Position Available - Wales RL Head of Youth
28th March 2014, 9:48
FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY - HEAD OF YOUTH PERFORMANCE
Wigan Rugby League Club, in conjunction with Wales Rugby League, invite applications for a full-time Wales Head of Youth position to lead the rugby league junior performance structures in Wales which include Scholarship, Academy and National Junior programmes. Employed directly by Wigan Warriors working in partnership with Wales Rugby League, this exciting position will offer somebody a fantastic leadership role in the sport and excellent personal development opportunities with an ambitious and elite Super League club and a National Governing Body.
JOB TITLE: Head of Youth, Wales Rugby League
NATURE AND SCOPE: Responsible for the complete management of the junior performance structures in Rugby League in Wales which include Academy, Scholarship and National Junior programmes. Based full-time in Wales and reporting to Wigan Warriors Head of Youth.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES (in conjunction with Wigan Warriors staff)
- Overall management and development of the Academy, Scholarship and National Junior programmes.
- Establishing with Wigan Warriors staff world-class performance standards for all aspects of sporting excellence in Rugby League in Wales and developing players and coaches to these standards.
- Development of a professional feeder system which identifies and develops playing talent in club and school environments as a pathway to the Wales RL Junior National Teams.
- Extending relationships with teachers, coaches and development staff within existing schools and clubs.
- Ensuring that a comprehensive Coach Education and Development programme following the Wigan model is available to volunteer coaches across Wales in conjunction with key partners
- Managing, developing and implementing further the Wales RL Performance Plans which include Performance Hubs with AASE and BTEC delivery.
- Planning and working within agreed budgets.
- A degree, equivalent qualification or equivalent experience
- Level 3 Coaching Qualification or working towards
PERSONAL ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Strong coaching and analytical skills.
- The capacity to work effectively at all levels with a range of people and organisations.
- Experience of Youth or Junior Development.
- Competitive Salary offered
All applications via CV and Personal Letter to John Winder, Head of Youth, Wigan Warriors firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 12th April 2014 and position is subject to DBS Clearance